Well, since our last post, we have officially become a family of 3! Little Molli Kathleen was born on Monday, February 2nd, at 12:57 pm! She came a lot faster than we anticipated once labor started, but we are so thankful everyone was healthy and everything went smoothly. I began having contractions around 12:15 am Monday morning. They weren't bad so we got up and showered and finished gathering some last minute things together. During this time, Brandon had his stopwatch (yes...literally) and began writing down the time each contraction began and how long it lasted. It was really cute that he was so into it. I think it's safe to say he was very, very nervous, but he did a great job at hiding it and keeping me calm! We headed to the hospital around 4:00 am and got into a triage room around 5:00 am. They hooked us up to the monitors, said I was still around 2 cm and basically to wait until the doctor got there at 7:30. Between then and when the doctor arrived was about 3 1/2 hours and I went from 2 cm to 4 cm in that time. They admitted us to a room and broke my water around 9:45 am. The contractions intensified from there and I got an epidural ~11:00am. This worked great for about an hour and then the contractions returned and were worse than before. At first they thought the epidural didn't work, but it turned out I had progressed from 4 cm to 10 cm so quickly the pain couldn't be completely covered up. Weird I thought, but as soon as they checked me they said it was time to push and Molli was on her way. We pushed for 8 minutes and then she was here! She weighed 7 lbs 8 0z and was 20 inches long!
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment